JIGOKU NO HANKOU
(Hell's Rebellion)

By: Kritiker


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer: Angel Sanctuary is the wonderful creation of Yuki Kaori
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 1: Sorrowful Sigh

* * * * *


Fast.

Smooth.

Strong.

Controlled.

The students gazed in awe at her flawless execution of that sword technique. A death blow to anyone standing in her way. Well, a death blow to the innocent stuffed bird actually. Someone had arrogantly tried to show off with the move but the master had had her eye on everybody and taken the student's boken before he caused disaster.

"Know and understand the purpose of each stance and movement before practicing them," she said replacing the katana for a boken. "The objective of this technique is to stealthily kill your opponent in 3 quick moves, each executing a blow to three parts of the body. One on the head, cutting blood circulation; the neck, opening the throat; and through the ribs, puncturing the lungs," carefully she traced the areas where the blade would've slashed through and across.

"Strength, speed and control. You need these three to execute the technique I just did. Chiba! " everyone turned to the boy earlier. "Stick with the basics 'til you learn to discipline your arrogance." Then to all:

"Dismiss."

They all scrambled to go home.

"Curt...but effective," a young woman commented as she looked around the empty room. "Aa-! Ne....you didn't need to mutilate that poor defenceless bird to show them that technique. Hell, I bet you scared them shitless," she scolded the darkhaired young woman as she picked up the remains of the stuffed animal.

"Che, those kids need to learn a lesson," she countered as she stood up and fixed the strap of the katana's case on her shoulder. "Leave it," she said when her companion continued to coo on the stuffed remains. "Soshite Yuka, you really shouldn't say that about my students, I'd like to think that they're made of much sterner stuff."

"Hai, hai shishou...I mean Alex," she quickly added after that deadly look from her friend. "Sheesh, what's with you today? Time of the month?" Again a deadly stare. "Okay, okay I get it, no more stupid remarks. So, what's bothering you?"

"Bad sleep." Well actually there was more to it than just that. Alarming Yuka with bizarre dreams-- no- memories...-- about heaven, hell and angels would likely give her friend more things to tease her about or likely give her a reason to send her workaholic friend to a shrink. 'Wait, memories? Sane People do NOT have memories about those kind of things,' she thought angrily.

"Sa, let's get something to eat," Yuka suggested dragging her friend. "After that we'll go home, you take a bath, relax then sleep your life away for all I care."

She couldn't help but smile at her friend's effort to cheer her up.

'Aah...my guardian angel.'

-----------------------------


'Guardian angel my ass, more like my guardian demon.'

Of course, one would likely make that conclusion after the 'demon' had made her pay for their dinner---and---dragged her out to the freezing autumn night just to buy...

"Datte Alex-chan, I gotta get that Weiß CD. It's their latest release and by tomorrow, they'll be gone. Aaah...Yohji-...Miki-sama. I'll can just die!"

(AN: Che! Aaaaaaaah....Aya-kun-...Koyasu-sama.. ^cough^ ^cough^ sorry)

"Why him? The womanizer," she asked pulling back when Yuka continued to drag faster.

"He's not a womanizer, just a flirt," she protested indignantly.

"Yeah whatever, well...why?" 'I can't believe I'm having this kind of conversation.'

Looking back Yuka pulled harder and started with a faster pace. "Nazenara...he's a guy with a broken heart, come on, he's still hung up on that girl Asuka. Soshite, he's sexy as hell -- umph!"

A quick strong pull from her friend saved the young woman from falling down.

"Ite!" she rubbed at her sore shoulder that had hit whatever it was. "Chikuso, that hurts." Looking back front she exclaimed 'The hell was that?"

"Hnn...jou-san...you can forget about that guy and come with me," complaint's sounded from behind the guy. "I mean with us... ne ?"

Not exactly those muscle bound, ugly looking perverts as expected. Actually, they were quite pleasing to the eyes, but still not as bishounen as Yohji.

"Sumimasen anata-tachi, demo I don't see you wearing sunglasses, honey-blonde hair and green eyes," Yuka taunted. "OR red hair, purple eyes-"

"Yuka."

"Demo...Alexiel..."

A book snapped closed.

"Oya-oya...Oi Kira, I think we got ourselves a gaijin here," the guy earlier snickered.


'Kira'

---------------------------------------------


Fast.

Smooth.

Strong.

They came to her as sharp as her blade had been. A name that sent shards of a never ending flash of memories, --no: dreams, illusions, she didn't know.
It seemed familiar, the name, but not to her.

'Dare?'


The street light revealed a young man, not much older than her. Black, a bleak dark color was his hair, those strands recklessly falling about his nape. His eyes... its color intangible. Yet still those eyes...something...something within them...

"Gladly." Yuka exclaimed suddenly.

"Na-nanda? Yuka what is 'gladly'," Alexiel asked slowly trying to get back with reality.

"Oi, oi, give her a translation," one of the other guys said.

"Baka, can't you see she speaks fluent Japanese?" the earlier one said in annoyance.

"Come now Alex," Yuka said disappointment in her tone.

"What? She's a guy?" This from translation guy.

"Ahou! That's her nickname," the earlier guy explained.

"Who wouldn't say that they'd gladly go out with a guy like that?" Yuka continued indicating Kira.

Calmly, in control.

"Me."

"Shit! She's lesbian!" Translation guy again.

[sounds of hand meeting head...Hard]
"Itai!"

"Leave them," softly spoken.

"Kuso... Kira women that hot, we don't 'just' leave. Tell me. -In my face, that that long haired one with purple eyes doesn't turn you on-"

A gleaming blade slid along the guy's throat.

Sharp, cold with purpose her dark eyes dared the young man to give her reason to end his life. They stared at him. Through him. In him, unblinking as she continued to hold the blade upon his quivering throat.

Three fingers took hold of the blade, slowly swinging the gleaming steel away from the vulnerable flesh. Kira gazed at her, his eyes unflinching. A smile stole across his features, but like his eyes it held no emotion, just a sense of knowing...something...

"Suman." Polite. Nothing more.

The others turned to leave muttering excuses and complaints.

She looked at him, eyes never breaking contact with his.

"Alex-chan..." Yuka.

Slowly she replaced her katana, his fingers lightly skimming the steel as it left his skin.

"Oi---! Kira," they called to him.

Eyes still unflinching, he moved back to let them pass.

She stepped into a sinuous pace pulling at her tense companion who continued to stare at the young man still standing just beyond the streetlight.


"Do you know him?" Yuka asked when they were in the shop.

Alexiel looked at her a blank expression stealing across her features.

"Baka, of course not," she exclaimed slapping a hand to her forehead. "Anyway, what is it with you today? Really...I mean you seriously looked like you wanted to slice that guy's throat."

"Nothing. Look, I'm tired, it's cold and I need sleep," she retorted annoyed.

"Okay then I won't bug you," Yuka conceded. "Still, that Kira guy looked really sex-"

"Enough." She headed for the door.

Yuka quickly paid the cashier muttering a quick thanks before catching up with her friend. "Still smarting over those remarks? Come on, who could mistake you for a lesbian, wait_wait, a man? Really, the guy was a total idiot."

Yuka continued to babble on entering her room in their shared apartment. Choosing to ignore her companion, Alexiel went into her own room, letting the moon wash its incandescent light to guide her.

Steel hissed as it slid away from the scabbard. Death gleamed as shafts of white light glinted off the cold metal. Her eyes travelled to the mirror imitating her every move.

There she saw. Eyes reflecting the same promise. Like steel...

..No mercy.

Lie. Deny. She could try everything to hid that part of her but she couldn't erase it. Could not run away from it.

The truth of who she was...

What she was.


-------------------------------------------------------
NOTES:

1. boken - practice wooden (bamboo) sword
2. Soshite - and also
3. shishou - master
4. Datte/demo - but
5. Nazenara - because
6. Ite/Itai - (exclaimation of pain)
7. Chikuso - damn
8. Oya-oya - (sorta like 'well, well')
9. Oi - Hey
10. Sumimasen - Excuse me/I'm sorry
11. Anata-tachi - (plural 'you')
12. gaijin - foreigner
13. Ahou - Asshole
14. Kuso - Shit/damn
15. Suman - sorry
16. Sa (in this case it's sorta like 'okay then')


Okay, since I'm a Kira/Lucifer fan I made sure to balance out the looks. Yes, Kira kinda has blackish brown hair, heck not really sure but since black is more Lucifer's color, I'm thinking, black it is. His eyes, even checked in PSP with all downloaded colored image, enlarging each pixel; I couldn't decide until I remembered the OVA. Alexiel, well...I choose purple after looking at two colored images of her---and---it'll suit my purpose latter in the story...maybe.
Ja, feedback, flames, WHATEVER is welcome. PLEASE

Auteur: Kritiker
E-mail: messiah20xx@lycos.com
Url: http://pride.jahannam.net/