JIGOKU NO HANKOU
(Hell's Rebellion)

By: Kritiker


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer: Angel Sanctuary is the wonderful creation of Yuki Kaori
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 4: Awaken

Heavy silence filled the rapidly darkening room. What remained of the departing stood frozen by the sudden tension emanating from the two forms, stances ready for attack or defense.

"Omae..."

Her menacing epithet was answered with a slow smile.

An invitation...

Ready to take, Alexiel drew her blade, swinging with cold calculation toward him. He parried easily, sending a resounding attack, forcing her to take a few steps back in defense.

Eyes widened at such an unprecedented sight. This was no foolish fight. No impetous challenge. He had come knowing her capabilities, her strengths. He had set out to achieve something and accomplish it he will.

The clash of metal echoed in the air. Flashes of icy moonlight glinted off steel. Eyes stayed locked with each other, both burning cold fire.

His glance, a mocking smile. She narrowed her eyes sensing a deeper purpose.

Shifting her stance, she gripped her sword with renewed strength. The scent of battle calling something deep within. In a flash, she rushed up toward him, her blade slicing to his chest.

But her sword came no closer to the vulnerable flesh than what his own blade permitted. Repeatedly she came to him. Adrenaline rushing, her heart thumping in beat with the rain that soon started as they did.

For a time he let her have the offense, allowing her to fall deeper into a battle trance. Yet upon seeing that familiar look in her violet orbs, he let himself indulged in the drugging pleasure of the lethal dance.

Hours passed and the rain gradually ceased. Labored breaths came from the two combatants, stances still alert to attack or defend.

"What the hell? They're still going at it."
"Who's the guy? Never saw him before..."
"He's as good as her-hell better-with the way he's going now."

Yuka stared at him. "I know him, he's the guy from yesterday...Kira. What's he got against Alexiel? She only pointed that katana on his friend..."

The other students looked at her in exasperation. She answered them, her reason asking no argument, "Well, they pissed her off okay? Said she was lesbian and stuff for not falling at his feet...damn, she probably pissed him off and wounded his ego..."

She looked back to the two. 'But that can't be it. Right from the start he didn't seem superficial at all. And the way they're fighting...
...Alexiel, were lying when you told me you didn't know him?'

Slowly, she brought the sword up beside her shoulder, her wrists adjusting to the angle. Unsurprised by her movements, he drew his blade, resting to a stop before his form.

A finality.

The last of the clouds disappeared allowing the icy light of night to reveal death along the length of cold metal. Autumn breeze shook droplets of rain from the leaves of still branches.

Drop by drop, they counted time for the opposing forms.

A deafening clash of swords filled the room. He had blocked her attack again. Undeterred, she drew up blade, eyes claiming his death, then swung down to end his life. But with jarring strength, he had brought his sword against hers and sent the gleaming blade to the wooden floor.

Loud gasps and frantic whispers filled the once silent room. Disbelieving eyes stared at the scene before them.
"Alex-chan..."

A hush fell upon the crowd as they witnessed cold metal press into her exposed throat.

"Ima wa...korose. Watashi wo korose..."


"...Lucifel."

He smiled in satisfaction.

________________________________________
NOTES:
1. Ima - now
2. Korose - kill me
3. Omae - You

My chapters are getting shorter. I hate it...can't help it though. I had a lot of trouble writing this. Fight scenes are a pain to do, too much description. I hope the story isn't getting too crappy.
Anyway, can somebody correct me on this: Alexiel never called Kira/Lucifer/Lucifiel (hell...Koyasu's character!) Lucifer. Or did she?

Well that's chp 4, I'll see what I can do about chp 5…

 

Auteur: Kritiker
E-mail: messiah20xx@lycos.com
Url: http://pride.jahannam.net/