The Clock that Struck 13 Times

Chap.6: Lady Fate

 

Notes: This is rated PG-13 due to bloody parts. Cain, Riff, Merryweather, and Dr. Jezebel I didn't create, but other characters I did. I have nothing against my kind grandfathers. This is just a story.

Disclaimer: Count/Earl Cain characters respectfully belong to Kaori Yuki, and I gained nothing in writing this story.

Notes: Cain, Riff, Merryweather, and Dr. Jezebel I didn't create, but other characters I did.

A few days later, Cain and his loved ones were at another teahouse for lunch, which Merryweather convinced Cain that they should go out once in awhile. The three were looking for an empty table in the crowded room.
"Well Count Cain, it looks like we are fated to meet again," said a familiar calm voice near Cain.
Cain turned toward the speaker. Before him was a lady of grace with long fine, light blonde hair in men's clothing, and a fan with a tiger. The lady smiled warmly and winked lilac eye at Cain. He moved forward and the lady held out her hand to him. Cain lightly kissed it. "I am glad that we are fated to meet again, Lady Lawena," and he smiled.
"Greetings go to you as well, Merryweather and Riff," said Lady Lawena as she moved her gaze other to them.
"I am happy to meet you again too," and Merryweather curtsied as Riff bowed at the same time.
"Please join me at my table and have lunch with me."
"Thank you and we shall."
Riff seated his friends at her table. A waiter came over and took their order.
"What pretty fan you have Lady Lawena. The tiger on it is painted so real like among the cherry blossoms," said Merryweather.
"Why thank you. Please call me Gwen from now on. If you admire it so much, you can have my fan," and she handed her tiger fan over.
"Aww, you are so kind!" and Merryweather played with it a bit happily.
"Thank you for the gift to my sister."
"It is pleasure to give and make people happy. So, I have read in the paper a couple days ago that you got involved in solving the identity of the Clock Murderer."
"Ah yes Gwen, I not only have an interest in murderer reports, but I tend to get in way and solve them. A pity that Mr. Dawmoor committed suicide later that night."
"Oh, it is not the same as I know that Mr. Dawmoor met a gruesome end, and the police refused to revel what they know when they found his body."
"Tell me what your sources say my Lady."
"Well, Severin Dawmoor did not killed himself, but he was killed by another person. The police found that someone had cut off his head completely. They were horrified that the people would start a riot. So, they covered it up and said that he killed himself after being discovered as the murderer and thought there was no escape from them."
"That does sound odd that he was killed. Could it be strange coincidence, or there was a vigilante looking for him."
"It does make the story more mysteriously morbid," and Gwen laughed.
"Gwen where do you get your information from? Riff is very clever in finding things out for me, but you get the detailed facts quickly."
"Now Cain that would be telling my trade secret. Do you mind if I call you just Cain? I dislike using titles among my few good friends that I have."
"No, I do not mind at all."
"Gwen have you traveled anywhere?' added Merryweather.
"Yes, a couple of years ago I had traveled to Italy and India to name a few."
"Wow, can you tell me something about the places that you have been to. My brother travels a bit, but he only talks about poisons he had found."
Gwen happily talked to the three at the table about her good times she had in other countries. Their food came, and they conversed on other subjects as they ate. They also traded funny moments with each other.
"Oh Cain, you have the oddest things that happened to you. The other high borns are so stiff and have the worse sense of humor you ever known. I must invite you to come along on a fox hunt party with me. I get soo bored when I have to attend them. I would rather stay home."
"Why not be like me and ignore those social parties, which I personally detest them."
"Ah, but I have to go to them for business socializing. How can I earn a living if do not tell others that my foodstuff is the best quality."
"I see your point my Lady. Then I would not mind if you invited me."
"Speaking about business, I have to say that I must leave again and check some things at the stock and grain exchange. With your permission I will take my leave."
"Certainly Lady Gwen and I will see you out." Cain helped Gwen out of her chair and strolled with her passed the door. Riff and Cain's sister left the table as well with them.
"Fare-thee-well Lady Gwen, and I hope the rest of your day is a pleasant one."
"Good-bye Gwen. It was nice talking to you and thanks again for the tiger fan," said Merryweather.
"Farewell," spoke Riff.
"Until we meet again and may your days be kind." Gwen opened up her parasol and she went on her way.
Cain watched her go off as long as he could see her. Then he sighed and said, "Okay Merryweather, where do you like to go next?"
"To the park my dear brother, and we can get some sweets there."
"As you wish," and Cain took his little sister to the park.


And that's all…?

 

Auteur: Unicorn
E-mail: csunicorns@yahoo.com
Url: http://www.fortunecity.com/marina/harbour/107/index.htm